West Ham United legends honoured with stamps
- Credit: Archant
West Ham legends Bobby Moore and Jimmy Greaves are to feature on stamps celebrating 150 years since the rules of football were established.
World Cup winning England captain Moore made more than 500 appearances for the Hammers during his illustrious career, while Greaves spear-headed their attack in the early 70s after making his name as a double-winner at Spurs.
The pair have now been chosen to feature on limited edition Royal Mail stamps, alongside nine other legendary British players.
Trevor Brooking, the former West Ham midfielder who is now the FA’s director of football, said: “Everyone who loves football has their favourite players from the past.
“It is fantastic that Royal Mail has honoured a whole team of these heroes from across the United Kingdom.”
You may also want to watch:
The “Football heroes” stamp collection will be released on May 9.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel