West Ham United legends honoured with stamps
- Credit: Archant
West Ham legends Bobby Moore and Jimmy Greaves are to feature on stamps celebrating 150 years since the rules of football were established.
World Cup winning England captain Moore made more than 500 appearances for the Hammers during his illustrious career, while Greaves spear-headed their attack in the early 70s after making his name as a double-winner at Spurs.
The pair have now been chosen to feature on limited edition Royal Mail stamps, alongside nine other legendary British players.
Trevor Brooking, the former West Ham midfielder who is now the FA’s director of football, said: “Everyone who loves football has their favourite players from the past.
“It is fantastic that Royal Mail has honoured a whole team of these heroes from across the United Kingdom.”
You may also want to watch:
The “Football heroes” stamp collection will be released on May 9.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 5 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 8 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'