What madness is it making Mandelson privatise Royal Mail?
Dear Ed, THIS government has been forced to nationalise a large chunk of the banking system to save it from collapse, using umpteen billion pounds of taxpayers’ money. What sort of madness is it that then that makes Lord Mandelson think it a good idea to privatise the Royal Mail?
THIS government has been forced to nationalise a large chunk of the banking system to save it from collapse, using umpteen billion pounds of taxpayers' money.
What sort of madness is it that then that makes Lord Mandelson think it a good idea to privatise the Royal Mail?
Already we have seen five post offices close in the East End alone, with another 150 across London, that provided an essential service to communities.
You may also want to watch:
What further cuts in our postal service would come if the private profiteers take charge?
What sort of half-baked 'get rich quick' schemes would we see the Post Office getting into?
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 7 Mum praises 'amazing' NHS staff who saved 'precious' tot's life
- 8 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
Well over 100 Labour MPs have made it clear they will vote against the privatisation of Royal Mail-and I will be joining them.
If the Government is going to push this through, it will need the support of David Cameron and the Conservative Party which introduced this privatisation madness in the first place.
Perhaps Jim Fitzpatrick, the 'Minister for Closing Post Offices,' would like to let us know which way he will be voting on this. You won't need three guesses!
George Galloway (Respect)
MP for Bethnal Green & Bow
House of Commons