When do we get public transport like the Continent?
Dear Ed, WHEN is London going to get a properly-integrated and coherent transport system, as already exists in many major Continental cities? We have a lot to learn from our EU partners about joined-up thinking on public transport
WHEN is London going to get a properly-integrated and coherent transport system, as already exists in many major Continental cities?
I had great difficulty getting to the East End’s terrific Bengali Mela Festival in Weavers Fields earlier this month, along with thousands of others.
Buses were full and not stopping, the Central Line was closed between Liverpool Street and Leytonstone, the District Line was closed west of Whitechapel and the DLR was completely out of action!
You may also want to watch:
Did Transport for London bother to consult Tower Hamlets Council about the disruption these works would cause on such an important celebration day?
We have a lot to learn from our European partners when it comes to joined-up thinking on public transport, which underlines how important it is for Britain to engage more constructively with the EU, so we can benefit from best practice.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 10 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
Jonathan Fryer (Lib Dem)
London EU Parliamentary candidate
Bow Common Lane, Bow Common