Whitechapel cafe fined for flouting smoking ban
A MAN who hired out an East End caf� and allowed his customers to smoke shisha has been ordered to pay out more than �400. Bilal Miah who hired out Caf� Fresh in Commercial Road, Whitechapel for one night was found guilty of flouting smokefree legislat
A MAN who hired out an East End caf� and allowed his customers to smoke shisha has been ordered to pay out more than �400.
Bilal Miah who hired out Caf� Fresh in Commercial Road, Whitechapel for one night was found guilty of flouting smokefree legislation after allowing the indoor smoking of shisha pipes in the basement.
Mr Miah of Trahorn Close in Whitechapel who appeared at Thames Magistrates Court was ordered to pay �415 in a fine and court costs.
Shisha smokers inhale flavoured tobacco heated by coal which is mainly taken after dinner or socially in a caf�.
Tower Hamlets council claims it has collected around �21,000 worth of fines and costs from illegal smoking dens since the smoking ban was introduced in England and Wales in 2007.
- 1 Covid-19: How the situation in Tower Hamlets compares to this time last year
- 2 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 3 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 4 Rooftop ice-rink opens at Tobacco Dock in Wapping
- 5 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 6 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 7 'Aggressive, violent behaviour' at Aldgate East tube station
- 8 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 9 Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements