Whitechapel cafe fined for flouting smoking ban
A MAN who hired out an East End caf� and allowed his customers to smoke shisha has been ordered to pay out more than �400. Bilal Miah who hired out Caf� Fresh in Commercial Road, Whitechapel for one night was found guilty of flouting smokefree legislat
A MAN who hired out an East End caf� and allowed his customers to smoke shisha has been ordered to pay out more than �400.
Bilal Miah who hired out Caf� Fresh in Commercial Road, Whitechapel for one night was found guilty of flouting smokefree legislation after allowing the indoor smoking of shisha pipes in the basement.
Mr Miah of Trahorn Close in Whitechapel who appeared at Thames Magistrates Court was ordered to pay �415 in a fine and court costs.
Shisha smokers inhale flavoured tobacco heated by coal which is mainly taken after dinner or socially in a caf�.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets council claims it has collected around �21,000 worth of fines and costs from illegal smoking dens since the smoking ban was introduced in England and Wales in 2007.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?