Whitechapel cafe fined for flouting smoking ban
A MAN who hired out an East End caf� and allowed his customers to smoke shisha has been ordered to pay out more than �400. Bilal Miah who hired out Caf� Fresh in Commercial Road, Whitechapel for one night was found guilty of flouting smokefree legislat
A MAN who hired out an East End caf� and allowed his customers to smoke shisha has been ordered to pay out more than �400.
Bilal Miah who hired out Caf� Fresh in Commercial Road, Whitechapel for one night was found guilty of flouting smokefree legislation after allowing the indoor smoking of shisha pipes in the basement.
Mr Miah of Trahorn Close in Whitechapel who appeared at Thames Magistrates Court was ordered to pay �415 in a fine and court costs.
Shisha smokers inhale flavoured tobacco heated by coal which is mainly taken after dinner or socially in a caf�.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets council claims it has collected around �21,000 worth of fines and costs from illegal smoking dens since the smoking ban was introduced in England and Wales in 2007.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'