Whitechapel Gallery to get cash boost from National Lottery
THE Whitechapel Gallery is set to get a financial boost of more than �200,000 from the National Lottery. The �264,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund will give 12 art enthusiasts the chance to be trained for two years in the East End at one of the
THE Whitechapel Gallery is set to get a financial boost of more than �200,000 from the National Lottery.
The �264,000 grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund will give 12 art enthusiasts the chance to be trained for two years in the East End at one of the capital's most renowned galleries.
The Whitechapel Gallery in Whitechapel High Street is one of eight projects in the capital to receive a share of �2 million as part of the lottery's Skills for the Future programme.
And the 12 lucky trainees will have the chance to learn new conservation and research skills, receive digital technology training and hear more about community engagement.
You may also want to watch:
The Heritage Lottery Fund is investing �17m in 54 projects across the country which is set to deliver 808 placements.
- 1 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking