Whitechapel offices evacuated after fire from faulty fitting
PUBLISHED: 13:59 15 December 2017 | UPDATED: 14:04 15 December 2017
Around 130 people were evacuated from an office block in Whitechapel after a fire caused by a faulty light fitting.
Four fire engines and 21 firefighters and officers took an hour and 40 minutes to control the accidental blaze in Gowers Walk yesterday afternoon.
Part of a third floor office in the six-storey building was damaged by fire.
All 130 people were evacuated before fire crews arrived with no injuries reported, a spokesman for London Fire Brigade said.
LFB was called at 4.53pm. Crews from Shadwell, Dowgate, Shoreditch and Dockhead fire stations attended.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the East London Advertiser. Click the link in the orange box below for details.