Whitechapel school kids pose for iconic Beatles album cover
KIDS re-enacted one of pop music s most famous album covers to celebrate the opening of a new zebra crossing outside their school. Pupils from Canon Barnett Primary School in Gunthorpe Street, Whitechapel posed as The Beatles on their famous Abbey Road re
KIDS re-enacted one of pop music's most famous album covers to celebrate the opening of a new zebra crossing outside their school.
Pupils from Canon Barnett Primary School in Gunthorpe Street, Whitechapel posed as The Beatles on their famous Abbey Road record cover on Monday after Tower Hamlets Council finished painting the zebra strips this week.
A speed table, a long speed bump that slows down traffic, along with a zebra crossing and belisha beacons, or flashing orange lights, have been installed on Wentworth Street near the school. The street also benefits from a new pavement to help improve the routes to the new crossing.
The crossing improvements have been paid for by section 106 planning money, contributed to the council by Hammerson which redeveloped the Spitalfields Market site at Bishops Square.
You may also want to watch:
More than �8.5 million is being spent around Spitalfields and Whitechapel.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August