Whitechapel school kids pose for iconic Beatles album cover
KIDS re-enacted one of pop music s most famous album covers to celebrate the opening of a new zebra crossing outside their school. Pupils from Canon Barnett Primary School in Gunthorpe Street, Whitechapel posed as The Beatles on their famous Abbey Road re
KIDS re-enacted one of pop music's most famous album covers to celebrate the opening of a new zebra crossing outside their school.
Pupils from Canon Barnett Primary School in Gunthorpe Street, Whitechapel posed as The Beatles on their famous Abbey Road record cover on Monday after Tower Hamlets Council finished painting the zebra strips this week.
A speed table, a long speed bump that slows down traffic, along with a zebra crossing and belisha beacons, or flashing orange lights, have been installed on Wentworth Street near the school. The street also benefits from a new pavement to help improve the routes to the new crossing.
The crossing improvements have been paid for by section 106 planning money, contributed to the council by Hammerson which redeveloped the Spitalfields Market site at Bishops Square.
You may also want to watch:
More than �8.5 million is being spent around Spitalfields and Whitechapel.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 9 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 10 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears