Whizzkid at 19 tries his hand at marketing board game
A YOUNG whizzkid entrepreneur who sold 40,000 copies of a book of business tips he published himself has now brought out a board game to help encourage other wouldbe tycoons. Teenager Sabirul Islam sent his self help’ book to various publishers who turned him down
A YOUNG whizzkid entrepreneur who sold 40,000 copies of a book of business tips he published himself when he was 17 has now brought out a board game to help encourage other wouldbe tycoons.
Teenager Sabirul Islam sent his self help’ book to various publishers who turned him down.
So he published it himself through schools and was an instant success.
You may also want to watch:
Now at 19, the publishers have taken him seriously and have made a deal with him to republish the book this week.
He had earlier led a team at Whitechapel’s Swanlea Secondary to set up a web design business and won an award in the East London Young Enterprise final. He was put forward for an Atlantic fellowship’ programme and had his first taste of trading on the New York stock exchange at just 16.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 10 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
Sabirul, from Cubitt Town on the Isle of Dogs, hopes that his board game will soon be on the market. His book, The World at Your Feet, is published by Marshall Cavendish at �7.99.