Why do I need a computer to apply for a council job?
Dear Ed, Cllr Oliur Rahman has been given the post of chief of employment on Tower Hamlets Council. Maybe he can look into why you now must have a computer to apply for any job on the council
COUNCILLOR Cllr Oliur Rahman has been given the post of chief of employment on Tower Hamlets Council (East London Advertiser, June 4). Maybe he can look into why you now must have a computer to apply for any job on the council.
The council a few weeks ago changed the way you can apply for jobs and took off the phone number so you can’t call up for an application pack.
This excludes a large proportion of the community in the East End who might like to work for their local authority, but can’t afford a computer.
You may also want to watch:
This doesn’t surprise me, because they don’t really want to recruit people into full-time posts. The Town Hall wastes millions keeping non-unionised agency staff on their books who don’t have full employment rights.
Maybe Cllr Rahman can publish the top 50 highest-paid consultants in the Town Hall. I am sure it will make just as bad reading as MPs’ expenses!
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Stepney (full address supplied)