Wife plea to kidnappers of Whitechapel kebab worker to let him go
THE wife of a missing restaurant worker whose thumb was found in the street believes her husband has been kidnapped and is pleading his captors release him. Mahmood Ahmad, 41, vanished after working a shift at the Lahore Kebab House at Whitechapel on March 7
THE wife of a missing restaurant worker whose thumb was found in the street believes her husband has been kidnapped and is pleading his captors release him.
Mahmood Ahmad, 41, vanished after working a shift at the Lahore Kebab House at Whitechapel in London’s East End in the early hours of March 7.
Three days later his thumb was found 10 miles away in Ilford.
Detectives are treating the case as a kidnapping, although they have not ruled out murder.
You may also want to watch:
His wife Farah told the BBC: “He’s obviously injured. He urgently needs medical attention and I would just plead for them to just leave him. He would never hurt anybody.”
A man has been charged with kidnap, false imprisonment, harassment and burglary in connection with the incident, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
He is Mohammed Riaz, 33, who has been remanded in custody and appears in court on May 24.
Three other men and a woman were arrested and released on bail.