Wife plea to kidnappers of Whitechapel kebab worker to let him go
THE wife of a missing restaurant worker whose thumb was found in the street believes her husband has been kidnapped and is pleading his captors release him. Mahmood Ahmad, 41, vanished after working a shift at the Lahore Kebab House at Whitechapel on March 7
THE wife of a missing restaurant worker whose thumb was found in the street believes her husband has been kidnapped and is pleading his captors release him.
Mahmood Ahmad, 41, vanished after working a shift at the Lahore Kebab House at Whitechapel in London’s East End in the early hours of March 7.
Three days later his thumb was found 10 miles away in Ilford.
Detectives are treating the case as a kidnapping, although they have not ruled out murder.
You may also want to watch:
His wife Farah told the BBC: “He’s obviously injured. He urgently needs medical attention and I would just plead for them to just leave him. He would never hurt anybody.”
A man has been charged with kidnap, false imprisonment, harassment and burglary in connection with the incident, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
He is Mohammed Riaz, 33, who has been remanded in custody and appears in court on May 24.
Three other men and a woman were arrested and released on bail.