Witness appeal after 20 people involved in Isle of Dogs street attack
POLICE are today launching an appeal for witnesses in East London to a serious night-time attack in the street involving up to 20 people with the victim still in hospital after 10 days. A 22-year-old man was attacked on the Isle of Dogs on April 27
POLICE are today launching an appeal for witnesses in East London to a serious night-time attack in the street involving up to 20 people with the victim still in hospital after 10 days.
A 22-year-old man was attacked in West Ferry Road on the Isle of Dogs at 10.30pm on April 27 and was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition. But his injuries are not life threatening.
Det Sgt Lee McCullough said "We believe there were 15 to 20 people involved in the assault and would appeal for witnesses to come forward."
Police want witnesses who were in West Ferry Road at around 10.30pm that day, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-7275 4546, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
Three men have been charged in connection with the incident. A fourth also arrested is on police bail, pending further inquiries.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel