Witness appeal after 20 people involved in Isle of Dogs street attack
POLICE are today launching an appeal for witnesses in East London to a serious night-time attack in the street involving up to 20 people with the victim still in hospital after 10 days. A 22-year-old man was attacked on the Isle of Dogs on April 27
POLICE are today launching an appeal for witnesses in East London to a serious night-time attack in the street involving up to 20 people with the victim still in hospital after 10 days.
A 22-year-old man was attacked in West Ferry Road on the Isle of Dogs at 10.30pm on April 27 and was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition. But his injuries are not life threatening.
Det Sgt Lee McCullough said "We believe there were 15 to 20 people involved in the assault and would appeal for witnesses to come forward."
Police want witnesses who were in West Ferry Road at around 10.30pm that day, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-7275 4546, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
Three men have been charged in connection with the incident. A fourth also arrested is on police bail, pending further inquiries.
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 6 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 7 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 8 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 9 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 10 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?