Witness appeal after 20 people involved in Isle of Dogs street attack
POLICE are today launching an appeal for witnesses in East London to a serious night-time attack in the street involving up to 20 people with the victim still in hospital after 10 days. A 22-year-old man was attacked on the Isle of Dogs on April 27
POLICE are today launching an appeal for witnesses in East London to a serious night-time attack in the street involving up to 20 people with the victim still in hospital after 10 days.
A 22-year-old man was attacked in West Ferry Road on the Isle of Dogs at 10.30pm on April 27 and was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition. But his injuries are not life threatening.
Det Sgt Lee McCullough said "We believe there were 15 to 20 people involved in the assault and would appeal for witnesses to come forward."
Police want witnesses who were in West Ferry Road at around 10.30pm that day, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-7275 4546, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
You may also want to watch:
Three men have been charged in connection with the incident. A fourth also arrested is on police bail, pending further inquiries.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 6 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs