Police appeal for witnesses to Bethnal Green collision involving lorry and cyclist
- Credit: Kevin Collins
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision between a lorry and cyclist on Friday.
Police on routine patrol were notified at 2.49pm of the collision at the junction of Cambridge Heath Road and Hackney Road, Bethnal Green.
The 23-year-old cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment to serious injuries. She remains in a stable condition; her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene. There have been no arrests.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
They would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision, or who may have captured it on their dash cams.
Anyone with information is asked to call the witness appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or police via 101 quoting reference Cad 4564/23Oct.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals