Police appeal for witnesses to Bethnal Green collision involving lorry and cyclist
- Credit: Kevin Collins
Police are appealing for witnesses to the collision between a lorry and cyclist on Friday.
Police on routine patrol were notified at 2.49pm of the collision at the junction of Cambridge Heath Road and Hackney Road, Bethnal Green.
The 23-year-old cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment to serious injuries. She remains in a stable condition; her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
The driver of the lorry stopped at the scene. There have been no arrests.
Detectives from the Roads and Transport Policing Command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
They would like to speak with anyone who saw the collision, or who may have captured it on their dash cams.
Anyone with information is asked to call the witness appeal line on 020 8597 4874 or police via 101 quoting reference Cad 4564/23Oct.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff explains the reasoning for dropping Jamie Turley to the bench
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
- 7 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 8 It was a big opportunity missed for Leyton Orient says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 London elections 2021: City and East candidates make case for your vote
- 10 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape