Witness appeal after jogger dies in East London road accident
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident while crossing the road. Police are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after the accident at Woodford
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident in East London while crossing the road.
Police today are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after being air-lifted 12 miles by helicopter ambulance from Woodford.
She was crossing Woodford Green High Road at 7.20pm on Monday (Jan 18) when she was in an accident involving a blue Ford Focus near the junction with Bunces Lane.
Fiona, from Buckhurst Hill, who had earlier been jogging along the pavement, would have been celebrating her 30th birthday next month.
An inquest opened at Walthamstow yesterday (Friday) and was adjourned.
The driver, who stopped at the scene, was treated by ambulance paramedics for shock.
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 3 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 4 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 5 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 6 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 7 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 8 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 9 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Woodford Green High Road on Monday evening or anyone with information to contact the Chadwell Heath collision investigation unit on 020-8597 4874.