Witness appeal after jogger dies in East London road accident
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident while crossing the road. Police are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after the accident at Woodford
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident in East London while crossing the road.
Police today are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after being air-lifted 12 miles by helicopter ambulance from Woodford.
She was crossing Woodford Green High Road at 7.20pm on Monday (Jan 18) when she was in an accident involving a blue Ford Focus near the junction with Bunces Lane.
Fiona, from Buckhurst Hill, who had earlier been jogging along the pavement, would have been celebrating her 30th birthday next month.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest opened at Walthamstow yesterday (Friday) and was adjourned.
The driver, who stopped at the scene, was treated by ambulance paramedics for shock.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 3 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Woodford Green High Road on Monday evening or anyone with information to contact the Chadwell Heath collision investigation unit on 020-8597 4874.