Witness appeal after jogger dies in East London road accident
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident while crossing the road. Police are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after the accident at Woodford
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident in East London while crossing the road.
Police today are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after being air-lifted 12 miles by helicopter ambulance from Woodford.
She was crossing Woodford Green High Road at 7.20pm on Monday (Jan 18) when she was in an accident involving a blue Ford Focus near the junction with Bunces Lane.
Fiona, from Buckhurst Hill, who had earlier been jogging along the pavement, would have been celebrating her 30th birthday next month.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest opened at Walthamstow yesterday (Friday) and was adjourned.
The driver, who stopped at the scene, was treated by ambulance paramedics for shock.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 9 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Woodford Green High Road on Monday evening or anyone with information to contact the Chadwell Heath collision investigation unit on 020-8597 4874.