Witness appeal after jogger dies in East London road accident
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident while crossing the road. Police are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after the accident at Woodford
A WOMAN out jogging in the evening died two days after an accident in East London while crossing the road.
Police today are appealing for witnesses after 29-year-old Fiona Daniels died at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel on Wednesday, two days after being air-lifted 12 miles by helicopter ambulance from Woodford.
She was crossing Woodford Green High Road at 7.20pm on Monday (Jan 18) when she was in an accident involving a blue Ford Focus near the junction with Bunces Lane.
Fiona, from Buckhurst Hill, who had earlier been jogging along the pavement, would have been celebrating her 30th birthday next month.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest opened at Walthamstow yesterday (Friday) and was adjourned.
The driver, who stopped at the scene, was treated by ambulance paramedics for shock.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
Police are appealing for witnesses who were in Woodford Green High Road on Monday evening or anyone with information to contact the Chadwell Heath collision investigation unit on 020-8597 4874.