Witness appeal after motorbike rider is killed in crash on A13 in Poplar
- Credit: MPS
A motorcyclist has died after crash on the busy A13 in London’s East End.
Police are appealing today for witnesses following the collision along East India Dock Road in Poplar on Saturday afternoon.
The motorcycle collided into the back of a car outside Poplar Baths, near Poplar fire-station, at 2.15pm, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
The rider, a man aged 29, was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel for treatment, but died two hours later.
Police enquiries were later underway while next-of-kin were being informed.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and there have been no arrests, police said.
Investigators at Chadwell Heath are appealing for witnesses who were in East India Dock Road on Saturday afternoon or anyone who saw the events leading up to the collision to contact police on 101.
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Leyton Orient announce Embleton exit
- 5 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 6 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl
- 7 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 8 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 9 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 10 Police catch 70 people breaching Covid rules