Witness appeal after motorbike rider is killed in crash on A13 in Poplar
- Credit: MPS
A motorcyclist has died after crash on the busy A13 in London’s East End.
Police are appealing today for witnesses following the collision along East India Dock Road in Poplar on Saturday afternoon.
The motorcycle collided into the back of a car outside Poplar Baths, near Poplar fire-station, at 2.15pm, Scotland Yard confirmed today.
The rider, a man aged 29, was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel for treatment, but died two hours later.
Police enquiries were later underway while next-of-kin were being informed.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the car stopped at the scene and there have been no arrests, police said.
Investigators at Chadwell Heath are appealing for witnesses who were in East India Dock Road on Saturday afternoon or anyone who saw the events leading up to the collision to contact police on 101.
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt