WITNESS APPEAL: Man nearly blinded in late night street attack in Hackney Road
- Credit: MPS
Detectives are hunting a couple after man was attacked near Cambridge Heath station late at night who could end up partially blinded.
The a 20-year-old was approached by the couple in Hackney Road at the corner of The Oval in Bethnal Green when he was suddenly hit in the face with such force that he may lose sight in one eye.
“This was an horrific attack on an innocent man walking home after an evening with friends,” Det Con Simon Carson said. “The consequences will stay with him the rest of his life.”
The victim managed to reach the Queen Adelaide pub to get help before collapsing. He was taken by ambulance to the Royal London Hospital, where he was told he had “life changing injuries” following the damage to his eye.
His attacker police are looking for is 5ft 6in tall, in his late teens or early 20s, with a tanned complexion and either a bald or shaven head, who was wearing a khaki jacket, black trousers, black ‘man bag’ and a chain around his neck. The woman with him is described as black, late teens or early 20s, with shoulder length black hair.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information about the Saturday night attack at 11pm on September 9 to call 101, tweet @MetCC, or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests