WITNESS APPEAL: Pedestrian injured in accident involving bus in Shoreditch High Street
- Credit: Mike Brrooke
An urgent appeal for witnesses has been launched after a woman pedestrian was injured in a road traffic accident involving a double-decker bus in Shoreditch.
Police investigators want to hear from anyone who witnessed what happened in Shoreditch High Street at 7pm last night (Sat) or has footage of the incident.
“I am confident someone saw the incident,” Det Sgt Jose Qureshi said. “The collision was at a busy time in the evening in an area with a lot of people. I urge witnesses to come forward and help us to know the circumstances.”
The 33-year-old woman was seriously injured in the accident involving 205 bus.
She was taken to hospital where her injuries are described as “potentially life changing”. Her husband is with her at the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The driver stopped at the scene and has been assisting inquiries. There have been no arrests.
Witnesses or anyone with footage or information are being urged to call Chadwell Heath traffic witness line on 020-8597 4874, or dial 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel