Witness appeal: U-turn driver dies after car hits parked vehicle in Bow Common
A driver has died when his car overturned after he was making a U-turn in a narrow cul-de-sac in London’s East End.
Police today began an appeal for witnesses who may have seen what happened at Baythorne Street, off St Paul’s Way in Bow Common, at around 10.40pm last night.
A Silver BMW was seen making the U-turn, then pulled away and collided with a parked car and ending up on its side.
A medical team from the London air ambulance unit at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel was called to Baythorne Street.
But medics were unable to save the 24-year-old driver, who was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem is being arranged at Poplar mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
The accident is being looked into by the Met’s Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell heath which is appealing for anyone who saw what happened or has information to call the witness line on 020-8597 4874.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences