Witness appeal: U-turn driver dies after car hits parked vehicle in Bow Common
A driver has died when his car overturned after he was making a U-turn in a narrow cul-de-sac in London’s East End.
Police today began an appeal for witnesses who may have seen what happened at Baythorne Street, off St Paul’s Way in Bow Common, at around 10.40pm last night.
A Silver BMW was seen making the U-turn, then pulled away and collided with a parked car and ending up on its side.
A medical team from the London air ambulance unit at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel was called to Baythorne Street.
But medics were unable to save the 24-year-old driver, who was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem is being arranged at Poplar mortuary.
You may also want to watch:
The accident is being looked into by the Met’s Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell heath which is appealing for anyone who saw what happened or has information to call the witness line on 020-8597 4874.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single