WITNESS APPEAL: Woman dies at midnight in A13 accident in Commercial Road by the Troxy
- Credit: MPS
Doctors battled for 40 minutes at the side of a busy main road in east London late last night to save a woman’s life after a road accident.
But the 30-year-old pedestrian died at midnight at the scene of the accident on the A13 Commercial Road in Stepney, near the Troxy theatre.
She was at a pedestrian island in the middle of the road when she was struck with a white Range Rover Sport, police accident investigators said.
Now detectives are appealing for witnesses who were in Commercial Road who may have seen the accident at 11.20pm last night.
Police were called by the Ambulance Service following the accident. Paramedics from the London Air Ambulance at Whitechapel were already at the scene treating the woman.
You may also want to watch:
Formal identification is yet to take place, but next of kin have been informed this-morning. A post-mortem examination is being arranged at Poplar Mortuary.
The 44-year-old driver involved was arrested at the scene “on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving”, Scotland Yard confirmed this-morning. He was taken to a police station for questioning.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
The Met’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath is urging anyone who was in Commercial Road by the Troxy, on the corner of Caroline Street, to call the witness appeal line on 020-83453 4955.