Woman and child escape fire in Stepney
- Credit: sub
A woman and child have escaped a fire in a block of flats in Stepney this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the blaze in Bromley Street at about 2pm.
The woman and child left the property before four fire engines and 20 firefighters tackled the blaze in a third floor maisonette, which was eventually brought under control at 3.17pm.
The woman, in her 20s, was treated for smoke inhalation by a London Ambulance Service crew, and taken to the Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Please call 0208 477 3789, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @ELAdvertiser.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 O’s seeking to end winless run of three games with win over struggling Saddlers
- 10 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing