Woman and child escape fire in Stepney
- Credit: sub
A woman and child have escaped a fire in a block of flats in Stepney this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the blaze in Bromley Street at about 2pm.
The woman and child left the property before four fire engines and 20 firefighters tackled the blaze in a third floor maisonette, which was eventually brought under control at 3.17pm.
The woman, in her 20s, was treated for smoke inhalation by a London Ambulance Service crew, and taken to the Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Please call 0208 477 3789, email email@example.com or tweet @ELAdvertiser.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital