Woman taken to hospital after crash with cyclist in Whitechapel
- Credit: Google Maps
A woman was taken to hospital after a crash involving a cyclist.
The 25-year-old pedestrian and rider collided in Whitechapel Road, with police called in by paramedics at about 7.12am on Wednesday, July 7.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "The woman's injuries are believed to be non-life-threatening."
The cyclist stopped at the scene.
The westbound carriageway of Whitechapel Road along the junction with White Church Lane was closed while the emergency services administered first aid and investigated the scene. The route has since been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Enquiries are ongoing and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory
- 10 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week