Woman bailed for murder of teenager in Bethnal Green
- Credit: Archant
A woman arrested by detectives investigating the murder of a 15-year-old boy in Bethnal Green was released on bail last night.
The 24-year-old has been bailed to a date in late January.
Two men, aged 24 and 23, who were also arrested on suspicion of murder, currently remain in custody at separate north London police stations.
Joel Adesina, from Dagenham, was stabbed in the stomach on Friday night and died in hospital a few hours later. Post-mortem results showed that he died due to a stab wound to the liver.
The teenager had been walking with friends near Bethnal Green Road when they got into an argument just before 11pm. The group were pursued into Padbury Court where Joel was then stabbed.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are still appealing for information.
The incident room can be contacted on 020 8345 3734. Alternatively anyone with information can call the police non-emergency line on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel