Woman dies after Mile End flat fire
- Credit: LFB
A woman has died after a fire at a block of flats in Mile End.
Firefighters were called to the blaze at a flat in Southern Grove shortly before 9am on Friday (April 3).
They were able to get the woman out of the flat, made up of two rooms on the ground floor of the seven storey block.
She was taken to hospital where she later died.
Part of the flat was left damaged by the fire, which crews had under control in just under an hour.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff