Woman injured by falling tree branch in Mile End Park
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been injured after she was hit by a large branch that fell from a tree in Mile End Park.
The victim has been rushed to hospital following the incident in the park near Pixley Street in Limehouse, this morning.
Shah Alam, a former independent councillor, was in the park when the accident happened.
He said: "I am so shocked.
"This is a popular park which is used by children including my own.
You may also want to watch:
"Someone could have been killed."
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service confirmed paramedics were called to the scene.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
She said: "We were called at 10:05am this morning to reports of a person injured on Pixley Street, Limehouse.
"We sent an ambulance crew and a medic in a car to the scene.
"We treated a woman at the scene and took her to hospital."