Police appeal after woman injured in Shoreditch hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are today appealing after a woman was knocked down in a hit-and-run in Shoreditch.
The driver hit the 23-year-old just after 11pm on April 20 in Bethnal Green Road, before driving off without stopping.
The victim was taken to a hospital in east London and has since been discharged.
The car was thought to be a black Mercedes E Class and had more than one occupant. Police believe the driver was familiar with the area.
There have been no arrests but detectives from the roads and transport command are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision or saw the car drive off.
Anyone with information should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 020 8597 4874.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family