Woman trapped in crash involving pick-up truck with puncture
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture. Rescuers used cutting equipment to reach the trapped woman in an underpass on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture.
Emergency fire crews had to use heavy cutting equipment to reach the woman trapped in the underpass at the Old Ford turn-off on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London at 8pm last night (Wednesday).
The 50-year-old’s Ford Focus was in collision with the stationary truck on the southbound carriageway while the driver was trying to repair a puncture on the trailer.
She was freed after 20 minutes—with just a sprained ankle. But her car was wrecked in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The pick-up driver, a 30-year-old Bulgarian, was heading towards the Blackwall Tunnel for the Channel crossing with a car loaded on the trailer being exported to the Continent. He was unhurt.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom