Woman trapped in crash involving pick-up truck with puncture
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture. Rescuers used cutting equipment to reach the trapped woman in an underpass on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture.
Emergency fire crews had to use heavy cutting equipment to reach the woman trapped in the underpass at the Old Ford turn-off on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London at 8pm last night (Wednesday).
The 50-year-old’s Ford Focus was in collision with the stationary truck on the southbound carriageway while the driver was trying to repair a puncture on the trailer.
She was freed after 20 minutes—with just a sprained ankle. But her car was wrecked in the crash.
The pick-up driver, a 30-year-old Bulgarian, was heading towards the Blackwall Tunnel for the Channel crossing with a car loaded on the trailer being exported to the Continent. He was unhurt.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 9 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed