Woman trapped in crash involving pick-up truck with puncture
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture. Rescuers used cutting equipment to reach the trapped woman in an underpass on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture.
Emergency fire crews had to use heavy cutting equipment to reach the woman trapped in the underpass at the Old Ford turn-off on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London at 8pm last night (Wednesday).
The 50-year-old’s Ford Focus was in collision with the stationary truck on the southbound carriageway while the driver was trying to repair a puncture on the trailer.
She was freed after 20 minutes—with just a sprained ankle. But her car was wrecked in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The pick-up driver, a 30-year-old Bulgarian, was heading towards the Blackwall Tunnel for the Channel crossing with a car loaded on the trailer being exported to the Continent. He was unhurt.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 10 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff