Woman trapped in crash involving pick-up truck with puncture
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture. Rescuers used cutting equipment to reach the trapped woman in an underpass on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London
A WOMAN motorist had to be cut free from her car after it was in collision with a pick-up truck which had stopped to fix a puncture.
Emergency fire crews had to use heavy cutting equipment to reach the woman trapped in the underpass at the Old Ford turn-off on the A12 Blackwall Tunnel approach in East London at 8pm last night (Wednesday).
The 50-year-old’s Ford Focus was in collision with the stationary truck on the southbound carriageway while the driver was trying to repair a puncture on the trailer.
She was freed after 20 minutes—with just a sprained ankle. But her car was wrecked in the crash.
You may also want to watch:
The pick-up driver, a 30-year-old Bulgarian, was heading towards the Blackwall Tunnel for the Channel crossing with a car loaded on the trailer being exported to the Continent. He was unhurt.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum