Women forge career success thanks to apprenticeship scheme
- Credit: Archant
An apprenticeship scheme has helped two young women forge successful careers.
Senior sales negotiator Simona Kazakeviciute and lettings consultant Kadice Douglas are working at Ludlow Thompson’s City and Docklands branch, having taken apprenticeships with Positive Outcomes.
Kadice, 19, started a one-year customer service Level 2 apprenticeship in July 2012 and is about to start her estate agency lettings award.
She said: “An apprenticeship will allow you to get started in your chosen career, as it offers you a chance to gain a qualification and gain valuable work experience in the process.”
Simona, 21, who was already with the company, seized the chance to train and last April was named negotiator of the year by Ludlow Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It gives you the knowledge and confidence to add to your experience, so you can deal with different situations you might come across in your job.”
Positive Outcomes CEO Chris Longmate said: “It’s always encouraging to hear about the success of apprentices at different levels.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Positive Outcomes is one of the UK’s top 10 training providers and has more than 100 apprenticeship vacancies for 16 to 18-year-olds.
For more information visit paidtolearn.co.uk.