Women forge career success thanks to apprenticeship scheme
- Credit: Archant
An apprenticeship scheme has helped two young women forge successful careers.
Senior sales negotiator Simona Kazakeviciute and lettings consultant Kadice Douglas are working at Ludlow Thompson’s City and Docklands branch, having taken apprenticeships with Positive Outcomes.
Kadice, 19, started a one-year customer service Level 2 apprenticeship in July 2012 and is about to start her estate agency lettings award.
She said: “An apprenticeship will allow you to get started in your chosen career, as it offers you a chance to gain a qualification and gain valuable work experience in the process.”
Simona, 21, who was already with the company, seized the chance to train and last April was named negotiator of the year by Ludlow Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It gives you the knowledge and confidence to add to your experience, so you can deal with different situations you might come across in your job.”
Positive Outcomes CEO Chris Longmate said: “It’s always encouraging to hear about the success of apprentices at different levels.”
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Police called as furious families told to quit Bow's 'dangerous' block
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
Positive Outcomes is one of the UK’s top 10 training providers and has more than 100 apprenticeship vacancies for 16 to 18-year-olds.
For more information visit paidtolearn.co.uk.