Bethnal Green charity opens consultation on women’s treatment in criminal justice system
- Credit: Archant
A women’s charity in Bethnal Green has launched a consultation to identify the gaps in services for women in the criminal justice system.
Wish, based in Old Ford Road, was set up in 1987 to support women with mental health needs in hospitals, prisons and community organisations.
The charity has just launched the Women’s Mental Health Network, a group of organisations which are working to improve statutory services in hospitals, prisons and social services.
The network is now in the consultation stage, and is looking for 5000 women with experience of the mental health and the criminal justice system to report on their experiences.
The charity wants to know which areas should be improved, and once the consultation ends in autumn, will begin campaigning to improve the areas highlighted.
You may also want to watch:
A report released by the London Assembly Police and Crime Committee in July said that sufficient changes to how women are treated in the justice system had not been made since its last investigaton in 2007.
Campaigners at Wish hope the new network will address some of the issues raised in the report. The consultation questionnaire can be found at womensmentalhealthnetwork.com/consultation.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single