London’s newest skyscraper tops out at 57 storeys to join Canary Wharf’s ‘forest of towers’
- Credit: CWG
The newest skyscraper has been topped out at the massive Wood Wharf development next to Canary Wharf at 57 storeys.
The structure joining the 'forest of towers', named One Park Drive, now reaches its full height of around 650ft, the tallest residential building in Wood Wharf with 483 apartments.
"This is set to be a new icon on the London skyline," Canary Wharf Group's Brian De'ath said.
"The structure is a real contrast to the traditional skyscrapers of Canary Wharf."
The upper 34 floors include bay apartments with double-height terraces set back into the building.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme being completed next year includes a library, cinema room and private health club, a spa and 60ft swimming pool.
But it's not cheap. Prices at One Park Drive start from £825,000.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 5 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 6 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 7 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 10 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
Wood Wharf is a 23-acre neighbourhood created from 350,000sq ft of reclaimed land planned for 3,600 new apartments, with shops and restaurants, 2 million sq ft of office space, an NHS doctor's surgery and a two-form primary school.
A new high street is included, along with green spaces and pedestrian walkways, a year-round programme of arts, music, sport and other events.