Writers wanted for Bengali drama festival
Organisers of a drama season on Bengali culture are on the lookout for writers.
The Season of Bangla Drama, which will run from November 5 to 27, commissions original plays which delve into South Asian country’s heritage and arts.
Now in its ninth year, the festival has become a “flagship event” for the borough, Steve Murray, head of arts and events at Tower Hamlets Council said.
The festival takes place at the Brady Arts Centre, Hanbury Street, Whitechapel.
Email email@example.com by July 22 to get involved.
You may also want to watch:
Preference will be given to Tower Hamlets-based organisations.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
- 5 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 6 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 9 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking