Yanks to get a taste for Cockney Pie and Mash
Americans are about to get a taste of East London's famed pie, mash and liquor. Eelhouse, a company based in Essex, is currently in talks with American food company Seven Nations on opening a branch in New York City.
Americans are about to get a taste of East London's famed pie, mash and liquor.
Eelhouse, a company based in Essex, is currently in talks with American food company Seven Nations on opening a branch in New York City.
"We hope to take a traditional pie'n'mash shop in East London and drop it into New York City," said Jim Thurston, also known as 'The Pieman'.
"It makes sense to bring it to them and not just keep it in London."
You may also want to watch:
The company currently delivers pie, mash and liquor throughout the UK, but hopes to bring the deliverable delicacies to the States. A party pack of 12 pies, 12 mash and 12 liquor costs �96.
"Seven Nations already has a kitchen, so once we can get that up and running around New York then we can try to start delivering to other places like Miami," Jim said. "But America is a really big place. So far we've heard from people in Las Vegas and Miami who want pie, mash and liquor."
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
There are already several British fish and chip shops and English tearooms throughout New York, but Eelhouse wants to introduce the East End dish into pubs and cafes throughout the Big Apple.
"No one there knows what a pie, mash and liquor is," Jim said. "We're re-birthing a product. Americans like pies already, so we're at least halfway there.