Young ballerina’s dreams come true with Nutcracker role
- Credit: Archant
A young ballerina has seen her dreams come true after she was picked to feature in the English Youth Ballet’s production of the Nutcracker.
Maya Jakobson was selected from more a crop of more than 250 young hopefuls auditioning to appear in Tchaikovsky’s classic wintry ballet this November.
The 11-year-old, from Columbia Road in Bethnal Green, will dance the roles of a Toy Soldier and a Russian Dancer in three performances at the New Wimbledon Theatre.
Julianne Rice Oxley, who is president of the English Youth Ballet (EYB), said: “Maya is so lucky – I wish there had been something like EYB when I was training!
“I feel very privileged to be a principal with EYB as I get to work with some of the UK’s most talented young dancers. I find them incredibly inspiring.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on how to get tickets for the performances, on November 8 and 9, visit www.englishyouthballet.co.uk.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single