Young East End carers get a break to see West End musical Wicked
A GROUP of young carers from the East End took a break from their daily responsibilities to enjoy a top West End show. Around 30 children and young people and their families went to see the musical Wicked at the London Apollo Theatre in Victoria. The trip
A GROUP of young carers from the East End took a break from their daily responsibilities to enjoy a top West End show.
Around 30 children and young people and their families went to see the musical Wicked at the London Apollo Theatre in Victoria.
The trip was organised by the Tower Hamlets Young Carers' Group, which provides support and activities for young carers in the borough aged between eight and 18.
It was a chance for them to socialise with other young carers and, for many of them, it was their first trip to a West End musical.
You may also want to watch:
The council's lead members for children Cllr Abdul Asad said: "It's important that young carers have the chance to do the things that other young people without responsibilities can easily do.
"The Young Carers' Group is a vital resource for them, and what's even better is that the young people are the ones that are driving the group. After all, they know best what they want and need.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances
"From the sounds of it a great day out was had by all and I would encourage young carers not already involved in the group to get in touch so that they too can access the brilliant services on offer.