Young East End carers get a break to see West End musical Wicked
A GROUP of young carers from the East End took a break from their daily responsibilities to enjoy a top West End show. Around 30 children and young people and their families went to see the musical Wicked at the London Apollo Theatre in Victoria. The trip
A GROUP of young carers from the East End took a break from their daily responsibilities to enjoy a top West End show.
Around 30 children and young people and their families went to see the musical Wicked at the London Apollo Theatre in Victoria.
The trip was organised by the Tower Hamlets Young Carers' Group, which provides support and activities for young carers in the borough aged between eight and 18.
It was a chance for them to socialise with other young carers and, for many of them, it was their first trip to a West End musical.
You may also want to watch:
The council's lead members for children Cllr Abdul Asad said: "It's important that young carers have the chance to do the things that other young people without responsibilities can easily do.
"The Young Carers' Group is a vital resource for them, and what's even better is that the young people are the ones that are driving the group. After all, they know best what they want and need.
- 1 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 Leyton Orient searching for a new manager as they bid farewell to McAnuff
"From the sounds of it a great day out was had by all and I would encourage young carers not already involved in the group to get in touch so that they too can access the brilliant services on offer.