Young East End runners compete in Mini Marathon
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday s gruelling 26 mile London Marathon. Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators. Firefighters
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday's gruelling 26 mile London Marathon.
Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners' route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators.
Firefighters handed out water at Poplar High Street as runners reached the 20 mile point.
A team of youngsters from Tower Hamlets also joined in the mini marathon - a three mile race from Old Billingsgate by the Thames to the grand finish at The Mall.
British International marathon runner Liz Yelling was on hand to give the young athletes aged 11 to 17 some last minute tips and send them on their way.
Are you a Tower Hamlets resident or worker who took part in the London Marathon or Mini Marathon? Then contact our newsdesk on 020 7 791 7799, email@example.com
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend