Young East End runners compete in Mini Marathon
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday s gruelling 26 mile London Marathon. Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators. Firefighters
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday's gruelling 26 mile London Marathon.
Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners' route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators.
Firefighters handed out water at Poplar High Street as runners reached the 20 mile point.
A team of youngsters from Tower Hamlets also joined in the mini marathon - a three mile race from Old Billingsgate by the Thames to the grand finish at The Mall.
You may also want to watch:
British International marathon runner Liz Yelling was on hand to give the young athletes aged 11 to 17 some last minute tips and send them on their way.
Are you a Tower Hamlets resident or worker who took part in the London Marathon or Mini Marathon? Then contact our newsdesk on 020 7 791 7799, email@example.com
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'