Young East End runners compete in Mini Marathon
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday s gruelling 26 mile London Marathon. Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators. Firefighters
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday's gruelling 26 mile London Marathon.
Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners' route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators.
Firefighters handed out water at Poplar High Street as runners reached the 20 mile point.
A team of youngsters from Tower Hamlets also joined in the mini marathon - a three mile race from Old Billingsgate by the Thames to the grand finish at The Mall.
You may also want to watch:
British International marathon runner Liz Yelling was on hand to give the young athletes aged 11 to 17 some last minute tips and send them on their way.
Are you a Tower Hamlets resident or worker who took part in the London Marathon or Mini Marathon? Then contact our newsdesk on 020 7 791 7799, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 9 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 10 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead