Young East End runners compete in Mini Marathon
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday s gruelling 26 mile London Marathon. Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators. Firefighters
THOUSANDS of runners took to the streets of London for yesterday's gruelling 26 mile London Marathon.
Despite the bright sunshine some light drizzle to ease the runners' route as they were cheered on their way by thousands of spectators.
Firefighters handed out water at Poplar High Street as runners reached the 20 mile point.
A team of youngsters from Tower Hamlets also joined in the mini marathon - a three mile race from Old Billingsgate by the Thames to the grand finish at The Mall.
You may also want to watch:
British International marathon runner Liz Yelling was on hand to give the young athletes aged 11 to 17 some last minute tips and send them on their way.
Are you a Tower Hamlets resident or worker who took part in the London Marathon or Mini Marathon? Then contact our newsdesk on 020 7 791 7799, email@example.com
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?