Young East Londoners share their vision of 2012 Olympic legacy
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people. The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people.
The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east London Olympic host boroughs including Tower Hamlets reap some of the benefits of the games.
Their ideas include having an ice rink in the Olympic during the winter, festivals and even a water fight.
Tower Hamlets student Ibtesham Tausif Hossain who is a sixth former at Sir John Cass school said: "I'd like to see the annual New Year's Eve fireworks held at the Olympics Park. It would attract people from round the city to visit the park."
You may also want to watch:
Fellow sixth former Shuheb Karim said the group had also enjoyed talking to older people including members of Hackney's Senior Bees club and wants to see the legacy include their ideas of rebuilding a sense of community through building design and getting people to know their neighbours.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided