Young East Londoners share their vision of 2012 Olympic legacy
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people. The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people.
The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east London Olympic host boroughs including Tower Hamlets reap some of the benefits of the games.
Their ideas include having an ice rink in the Olympic during the winter, festivals and even a water fight.
Tower Hamlets student Ibtesham Tausif Hossain who is a sixth former at Sir John Cass school said: "I'd like to see the annual New Year's Eve fireworks held at the Olympics Park. It would attract people from round the city to visit the park."
You may also want to watch:
Fellow sixth former Shuheb Karim said the group had also enjoyed talking to older people including members of Hackney's Senior Bees club and wants to see the legacy include their ideas of rebuilding a sense of community through building design and getting people to know their neighbours.
- 1 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Embleton 'frustrated' with late penalty which led to Bradford defeat
- 3 Leyton Orient boss Embleton not concerned about current formation
- 4 Why rogue East End landlords had to pay back £200,000 to renters
- 5 Leyton Orient slip down the table after late defeat to Bradford City
- 6 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 7 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago
- 8 Cigarette sparks fire in Poplar block of flats
- 9 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building
- 10 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl