Young East Londoners share their vision of 2012 Olympic legacy
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people. The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people.
The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east London Olympic host boroughs including Tower Hamlets reap some of the benefits of the games.
Their ideas include having an ice rink in the Olympic during the winter, festivals and even a water fight.
Tower Hamlets student Ibtesham Tausif Hossain who is a sixth former at Sir John Cass school said: "I'd like to see the annual New Year's Eve fireworks held at the Olympics Park. It would attract people from round the city to visit the park."
You may also want to watch:
Fellow sixth former Shuheb Karim said the group had also enjoyed talking to older people including members of Hackney's Senior Bees club and wants to see the legacy include their ideas of rebuilding a sense of community through building design and getting people to know their neighbours.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week