Young East Londoners share their vision of 2012 Olympic legacy
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people. The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east
TEENAGERS who are helping to create a vision of the legacy after the 2012 Olympics are sharing their ideas with other young people.
The members of the Legacy Youth Panel have come up with a manifesto of what they want to see in the plans to ensure east London Olympic host boroughs including Tower Hamlets reap some of the benefits of the games.
Their ideas include having an ice rink in the Olympic during the winter, festivals and even a water fight.
Tower Hamlets student Ibtesham Tausif Hossain who is a sixth former at Sir John Cass school said: "I'd like to see the annual New Year's Eve fireworks held at the Olympics Park. It would attract people from round the city to visit the park."
You may also want to watch:
Fellow sixth former Shuheb Karim said the group had also enjoyed talking to older people including members of Hackney's Senior Bees club and wants to see the legacy include their ideas of rebuilding a sense of community through building design and getting people to know their neighbours.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries