Young people can grab the chance to design costumes and sets for Arabian Nights
YOUNG costume and stage designers in Tower Hamlets can sharpen their skills by helping out with a new production of 1001 Arabian Nights.
The council’s ‘A Team Arts’ is looking for young people aged 13-19 to join workshops at the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street, Whitechapel, to create a musical extravaganza ‘with an East End twist.’
Steve Murray, head of arts and events, said: “1001 Nights promises to be a fantastic show and we are looking for lots of creative residents to be a part of it.
“There will also be opportunities to get involved in the technical side of lighting and sound too.”
Workshops will run every Tuesday and Thursday between 6 and 9pm from January 20 until April 16.
You may also want to watch:
All participants who take part will be able to achieve a bronze arts award.
To find out more call Geraldine Bone on 020 7364 7911 or email geraldine.bone @towerhamlets.gov.uk.
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt