Young people can grab the chance to design costumes and sets for Arabian Nights
YOUNG costume and stage designers in Tower Hamlets can sharpen their skills by helping out with a new production of 1001 Arabian Nights.
The council’s ‘A Team Arts’ is looking for young people aged 13-19 to join workshops at the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street, Whitechapel, to create a musical extravaganza ‘with an East End twist.’
Steve Murray, head of arts and events, said: “1001 Nights promises to be a fantastic show and we are looking for lots of creative residents to be a part of it.
“There will also be opportunities to get involved in the technical side of lighting and sound too.”
Workshops will run every Tuesday and Thursday between 6 and 9pm from January 20 until April 16.
You may also want to watch:
All participants who take part will be able to achieve a bronze arts award.
To find out more call Geraldine Bone on 020 7364 7911 or email geraldine.bone @towerhamlets.gov.uk.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears