Young people can grab the chance to design costumes and sets for Arabian Nights
YOUNG costume and stage designers in Tower Hamlets can sharpen their skills by helping out with a new production of 1001 Arabian Nights.
The council’s ‘A Team Arts’ is looking for young people aged 13-19 to join workshops at the Brady Arts Centre in Hanbury Street, Whitechapel, to create a musical extravaganza ‘with an East End twist.’
Steve Murray, head of arts and events, said: “1001 Nights promises to be a fantastic show and we are looking for lots of creative residents to be a part of it.
“There will also be opportunities to get involved in the technical side of lighting and sound too.”
Workshops will run every Tuesday and Thursday between 6 and 9pm from January 20 until April 16.
You may also want to watch:
All participants who take part will be able to achieve a bronze arts award.
To find out more call Geraldine Bone on 020 7364 7911 or email geraldine.bone @towerhamlets.gov.uk.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Parkour group to move from home of seven years after lease is cancelled
- 10 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'