Young Tower Hamlets residents wanted to create film festival
- Credit: Olivia Harris
Young film fanatics are being offered the opportunity to create their own film festival.
The Cutting East Film Festival is taking place at the Genesis Cinema from June 20-22, and a partnership between five organisations is looking for ten people aged 16-21 who live, work or study in Tower Hamlets to get involved.
Participants will be required to attend evening and some weekend sessions in the months leading up to the festival, and no prior experience is necessary.
They will gain knowledge and skills in all aspects of production including programming, marketing and branding the festival.
Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for culture, said: “This unique project will give young people a real taste of the film industry and will enable them to have direct involvement in programming a high calibre arts festival for the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for applications is January 17. For more information and to apply visit www.cuttingeast.co.uk or email email@example.com
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow