Young Tower Hamlets residents wanted to create film festival
- Credit: Olivia Harris
Young film fanatics are being offered the opportunity to create their own film festival.
The Cutting East Film Festival is taking place at the Genesis Cinema from June 20-22, and a partnership between five organisations is looking for ten people aged 16-21 who live, work or study in Tower Hamlets to get involved.
Participants will be required to attend evening and some weekend sessions in the months leading up to the festival, and no prior experience is necessary.
They will gain knowledge and skills in all aspects of production including programming, marketing and branding the festival.
Cllr Rania Khan, cabinet member for culture, said: “This unique project will give young people a real taste of the film industry and will enable them to have direct involvement in programming a high calibre arts festival for the local community.”
You may also want to watch:
The closing date for applications is January 17. For more information and to apply visit www.cuttingeast.co.uk or email email@example.com
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?