Youngsters celebrated at Canary Wharf awards ceremony
Youngsters’ achievements have been celebrated at a swanky awards evening put on by Tower Hamlets Council.
More than 40 children were nominated for the awards by representatives of the council’s childrens services units.
And three lucky youngsters were handed the top prizes donated by the Canary Wharf Group, including VIP tickets to a West Ham football match and £100 in shopping vouchers.
Tower Hamlets Council’s cabinet member for children, schools and families Cllr Oliur Rahman said: “These young people are the future leaders of this borough and will be shaping how future generations come to live here.
“I have attended many events for young people but I have never been as inspired as I have been today.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was held in Canary Wharf on August 28.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 6 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 7 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries