Youngsters celebrated at Canary Wharf awards ceremony
Youngsters’ achievements have been celebrated at a swanky awards evening put on by Tower Hamlets Council.
More than 40 children were nominated for the awards by representatives of the council’s childrens services units.
And three lucky youngsters were handed the top prizes donated by the Canary Wharf Group, including VIP tickets to a West Ham football match and £100 in shopping vouchers.
Tower Hamlets Council’s cabinet member for children, schools and families Cllr Oliur Rahman said: “These young people are the future leaders of this borough and will be shaping how future generations come to live here.
“I have attended many events for young people but I have never been as inspired as I have been today.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was held in Canary Wharf on August 28.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom