Youth club splashes out—thanks to High St paint dealer
TEENAGERS splashed out to spruce up their East End youth club... but it didn’t cost them a penny. A high street home decorating centre gave them the paint and they got busy themselves adding a touch of colour to the drab building. It has given Limehouse youth centre a bright makeover’ thanks to bosses at the Dulux branch in Stratford who sent them the paint
TEENAGERS splashed out to spruce up their East End youth club... but it didn't cost them a penny.
A high street home decorator centre gave them the paint and they got busy themselves adding a touch of colour to the drab building.
It has given Limehouse youth centre a bright interior 'makeover' thanks to bosses at the Dulux decorating centre in Stratford who sent them the paint.
A group of 10 volunteers from City Gateway charity, which helps disengaged and excluded youngsters back into society, teamed up with the kids to transform a dull interior into a bright and 'inspiring' space.
You may also want to watch:
Project leader Randy Ashie said: "The paint donation has helped create a fantastic atmosphere. It gave the youngsters some responsibility and encouraged teamwork as well as individual thinking."
Limehouse youth centre was set up to provide a safe environment in the East End for kids from 13 to 19 to meet. It offers a gym, climbing wall, football and a music studio.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 5 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 6 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 7 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 8 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 9 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries