Youth football team harbours Jersey tournament dream
- Credit: Archant
A youth football team is appealing for donors to come forward to help them realise their dream of competing at a tournament in Jersey.
Tower Hamlets District Football’s under-11 squad members are hoping to raise cash to help them cover the cost of the trip – estimated at £650 per player.
Manager David Molley said: “This magnificent opportunity will expose the boys to experiences in which they may never encounter or may not have the fortune to come upon again.”
“Therefore we would very much appreciate any donations in which your company was willing to contribute as every little helps to make this truly extraordinary experience come light for these deserved individuals.”
He is also offering to advertise any sponsors which come forward to help, as well as promising team photos and thank you letters to benefactors.
You may also want to watch:
To donate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 3 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 4 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 5 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 6 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End