Youth in court charged with Jamie Simpson’s murder
A TEENAGER appears in court today (Saturday) charged with the murder of Jamie Simpson at an East London clothes store almost exactly a year ago. He is 19-year-old, who appears in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this morning
A TEENAGER appears in court today (Saturday) charged with the murder of Jamie Simpson at an East London clothes store almost exactly a year ago.
He is a 19-year-old who appears in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this morning, accused of Jamie’s killing at the Matalan store in Dalston’s Kingsland Shopping Centre on the Saturday evening of March 22, 2008. He is also charged with conspiracy to rob, Scotland Yard confirmed last night.
Jamie died after an incident while closing up at the store where he was working.
Also appearing in custody before Highbury magistrates today is 24-year-old Simeon Jumah and 30-year-old Roy Williams, both charged with conspiracy to rob.
You may also want to watch:
Seven others arrested last year remain on bail pending further enquiries and are due to return to police in East London later this month.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 5 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 6 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 7 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 8 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 9 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 10 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff