Youth in court charged with Jamie Simpson’s murder
A TEENAGER appears in court today (Saturday) charged with the murder of Jamie Simpson at an East London clothes store almost exactly a year ago. He is 19-year-old, who appears in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this morning
A TEENAGER appears in court today (Saturday) charged with the murder of Jamie Simpson at an East London clothes store almost exactly a year ago.
He is a 19-year-old who appears in custody at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court this morning, accused of Jamie’s killing at the Matalan store in Dalston’s Kingsland Shopping Centre on the Saturday evening of March 22, 2008. He is also charged with conspiracy to rob, Scotland Yard confirmed last night.
Jamie died after an incident while closing up at the store where he was working.
Also appearing in custody before Highbury magistrates today is 24-year-old Simeon Jumah and 30-year-old Roy Williams, both charged with conspiracy to rob.
You may also want to watch:
Seven others arrested last year remain on bail pending further enquiries and are due to return to police in East London later this month.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire