Youths held after man, 24, found murdered in Whitechapel
FIVE teenagers have been arrested in London’s East End by detectives investigating a murder of a 24-year-old man in Whitechapel at 6.30am on Monday. Two 17-year-olds and two 19-year-olds were arrested later that day, while an 18-year-old was held the next day
FIVE teenagers have been arrested in London's East End by detectives investigating the murder of a 24-year-old man at Whitechapel early Monday morning.
Two 17-year-olds and two 19-year-olds were arrested later that day, while an 18-year-old was arrested the next day.
All remain in custody at police stations in East London while investigations continue, Scotland Yard confirmed last night (Wednesday).
Detectives, meanwhile, have launched an appeal for witnesses. Police were called around 6.30am to reports of a fight in Old Montague Street, on the corner of Moss Close, where they discovered the 24-year-old with head injuries. He was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, where he died half-an-hour later.
You may also want to watch:
Police last night were still waiting for formal identification and next of kin to be informed. A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a subarachnoid haemorrhage.
An incident room has opened under Det Chief Ins Simon Moring, who is appealing to anyone in Old Montague Street in Whitechapel between 6 and 6.30am on Monday, or anyone with information, to contact the incident room on 020-8345 4142, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum