Youths question cops after being led into East End police cell
IT WAS all part of the fun when Bethnal Green police station held an open day. The real criminals were away attending the local magistrates court while 200 visitors looked round the police station off Roman Road
ABOVE: YOUNGSTERS got a taste of life behind bars when they were led into a police cell in London’s East End when they spent a day down at the nick to see what it’s like when you’re locked up...
BELOW: But some kids got the chance to try on a copper’s peak cap and sit at the wheel of a supped up squad car, like eight-year-old George Mcfarlana...
By Kelly Virdee
IT WAS all part of the fun when Bethnal Green police station held an open day on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The real criminals were away attending the local magistrates’ court while more than 200 visitors looked round the police station off Roman Road. The youngsters even got their fingerprints taken.
It gave people a chance to find out what a police station is like, without having their collar felt, and being able grill officers with questions rather than the other way round.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?