Youths question cops after being led into East End police cell
IT WAS all part of the fun when Bethnal Green police station held an open day. The real criminals were away attending the local magistrates court while 200 visitors looked round the police station off Roman Road
ABOVE: YOUNGSTERS got a taste of life behind bars when they were led into a police cell in London’s East End when they spent a day down at the nick to see what it’s like when you’re locked up...
BELOW: But some kids got the chance to try on a copper’s peak cap and sit at the wheel of a supped up squad car, like eight-year-old George Mcfarlana...
By Kelly Virdee
IT WAS all part of the fun when Bethnal Green police station held an open day on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The real criminals were away attending the local magistrates’ court while more than 200 visitors looked round the police station off Roman Road. The youngsters even got their fingerprints taken.
It gave people a chance to find out what a police station is like, without having their collar felt, and being able grill officers with questions rather than the other way round.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Leyton Orient have a big summer ahead of them insists director Ling
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'