Zan Benedicic and Josh Doherty depart Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
League Two club confirm two young players signed in 2016 have moved on
Leyton Orient have confirmed Zan Benedicic and Josh Doherty have both left the club after their contracts were terminated.
Both signed earlier in the season, though failed to impress at Brisbane Road and have now moved on.
Doherty was brought in by previous boss Andy Hessenthaler after being released by Premier League outfit Watford.
The left-back was handed a couple of opportunities in pre-season, but never featured for O’s in a competitive match.
You may also want to watch:
After signing a one-year deal in the summer, Doherty has left after just six months at Brisbane Road.
Meanwhile Benedicic signed on a short-team deal in September when Hessenthaler was still in charge.
- 1 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 2 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 5 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 6 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 7 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 8 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 9 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 10 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
The former Leeds United loanee took a while to get fit and made his first outing for Orient under Alberto Cavasin at Hartlepool United.
Benedicic was lucky not to earn a red card at the Pools despite only playing the final nine minutes.
Cavasin handed the Slovenian another chance against Brighton & Hove Albion under-23s in the EFL Trophy.
Once again Benedicic looked way off the pace, however, and he was substituted in the 81st minute – his final appearance for O’s.
This morning the club officially confirmed his departure, although it is understood the ex-AC Milan youngster left in November.