Alleged West Ham target DJ Campbell set for Premier League stay
Blackpool striker set to stay in the top flight
Blackpool striker DJ Campbell is likely to remain in the Premier League and not join West Ham.
The London-born forward netted 13 times for the Tangerines last season as the Lancashire club followed the Hammers and dropped out of the top flight.
Reports had linked the 29-year-old with a move to east London and the Hammers have alledgedly made a bid for Campbell, but with the likes of Premier League clubs QPR and Sunderland apparently showing an interest, his future looks set to be away from Upton Park.
“I love Blackpool and we had a better season than many people expected but to go down was heartbreaking,” he told a national publication.
“I played in the Prem before with Birmingham and maybe I wasn’t ready for it then. But this time I was.
“There’s nothing like playing at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. Now I want more of it. I think I’ve proved I can play at the top.”
- 1 Guilty: Man murdered woman at bus stop and tried to kill another a day later
- 2 Archie Battersbee case to be reconsidered in High Court
- 3 £28k worth of illegal tobacco seized from containers and shops during raids
- 4 Arrest of 'Ilford kingpin' sparked ‘biggest ever' Channel crossings crack down
- 5 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 6 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 7 Appeal: Man struck by two cars following fight in Poplar
- 8 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 9 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 10 1888 Match Girls’ Strike marked with blue plaque in east London
And with a buy out clause set at �1.25million it is likely the former Leicester City striker will get his wish.