Another mixed week for East London hockey
It was a difficult week for East London HC men's side as they could only draw with Thurrock
It was a difficult week for East London HC men's side as they could only draw with Thurrock.
Both teams are fighting for promotion from Div3SE this season and the importance of the game was obvious from the go.
Thurrock enjoyed much of the possession but East London were consistently threatening on the counter attack.
The Tower Hamlets club took the lead three times through striker Kevin Taylor and captain Adam Larkin (pictured right) only for Thurrock to pull back each time to secure a 3-3 draw.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies team played local rivals Wapping, a team they had convincingly beaten in pre-season.
However, with many of their key players missing the East London girls found this encounter much more difficult and eventually lost 2-1.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
The girls drop from the top of Essex Division One but remain within three points of the leaders.
Elsewhere in the club the men's 2nd XI drew 1-1 away, also at Wapping, to keep them within two points of the inner-city team who currently sit in the second and last promotion spot in Div 5SE.
The Ladies second XI faced a skilful Old Southendian team and eventually lost 4-1.
This was despite some excellent goal keeping from Sarah Ward-Davis and a fine goal, which drew the scores level midway through the second half, from captain Morag Campbell.