Athletics: Team Ability Bow shine at the Big Fun Run
- Credit: Archant
Team Ability Bow were in top form and joined fellow runners at Victoria Park to take part in the Big Fun Run 2017.
The inclusive community gym which is situated in the heart of east London has a range of projects tailored for people with many types of disabilities including Diabetes, Strokes, heart conditions and MS.
Ability Bow helps people with disabilities or long term health conditions to take part in exercise. Through taking part in closely supported exercise programmes, staff work to improve the health and fitness of disabled people and those with long term health conditions with the overall aim being to help people become stronger, more independent and self-confident.
Disabled people and people with one or more health condition face significant barriers to exercise and Ability Bow provides one to one support, raising self-confidence and motivation, and encourages each individual to make healthy lifestyle changes. Many of the participants have never taken part in exercise before.
The Fun event was supported by the Pearly Queens and Kings Association with Lorraine Sadler cheering Team Ability Bow and every runner participating.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on the inspiring contributions of the runners, fundraisers and volunteers Victoria Kent, the Founding Director of Ability Bow said: “It’s an absolutely phenomenal show of how people can make the most of their ability and how people are prepared to go the extra mile to help an event that raises money to support Ability Bow.
“We have had a number of gym members volunteering as marshals and also taking part in the race. They’re all having the time of their lives and achieving something - each and every one of them.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
• The Big Fun Run is a series of 5k untimed runs staged within scenic settings throughout the UK from July to October.