Barker tells all in book
- Credit: Archant
Former world champion to publish autobiography
Matchroom Boxing’s world middleweight champion Darren Barker is to publish his autobiography.
‘A Dazzling Darkness: The Darren Barker Story’ will be available in bookshops and on Amazon from September 16.
And it tells the remarkable story of how Darren recovered from the tragedy of losing his talented boxing brother Gary in a car accident, with help from mentor and trainer Tony Sims and an inspirational therapist, and went on to win the IBF world title by beating Daniel Geale in Atlantic City.
Barker’s world title success came after he took a count of nine in the sixth round against Geale - on top of having recovered from two hip operations.
You may also want to watch:
Written with award-winning author and journalist Ian Ridley, ‘A Dazzling Darkness’ is a vivid and emotional read and is published by Floodlit Dreams in hardback, with a 16-page colour plate section, for £17.99.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague