Basketball: Raines Foundation girls crowned again
- Credit: Archant
Raines Foundation School’s under-16 basketball girls won the Tower Hamlets borough title for a third successive year this week.
The tournament was run by the Tower Hamlets Youth Sport Foundation and held at UEL SportsDock.
And Raines beat Sir John Cass, Central Foundation and London Enterprise Academy in the round-robin phase.
That set them up for a final meeting with Bishop Challoner, for the third year in a row, and they came out on top by a 15-3 margin to claim the silverware again.
Coach Laurent Irish said: “These girls have been training at Raines since they came to the school in year seven. Their commitment and dedication is evident having won the trophy three years in a row.”
You may also want to watch:
Head of PE David Patten added: “The commitment is incredible. They are in most mornings at 7am in mixed training sessions, showing excellent leadership skills and being positive role models to the younger girls.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided