Basketball: Raines Foundation see off Seevic
- Credit: Archant
Raines Foundation began the new ABL East Division season with a 119-59 win over Seevic Sixth Form.
Co-captain Jason Prince led the way with 29 points, as captain Simon Olanipekun picked up 17 points and five assists.
Lamine Ndione had 12 points and 13 rebounds, while Trell Robinson had eight points and eight rebounds.
Raines led 25-18 at the first interval and a dominant second period saw them move 55-34 up.
The gap was up to 27 points after the third quarter as Raines made good defensive blocks and converted on fast break oppportunities.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Laurent Irish said: “We continued to focus on our defensive aggressiveness and converting turnovers in the scoring opportunities.
“Our defence was very disruptive and causes problems for our opponents. In the end we showed great desire and commitment to grab a win. Our offensive execution needs to be a lot better going forward.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns