Bethnal boy ready for chance
- Credit: Archant
Jamie Arlain set to box on big show in just his third professional fight
Bethnal Green’s Jamie Arlain will step into the limelight for his third professional bout when he fights at the historic York Hall venue in his own hometown on the Olivia Goodwin promoted “NEW ERA” show on Saturday September 5.
The 27-year-old undefeated welterweight professional boxer had his professional debut in 2010 at the young age of 22 and took a five year break from the sport
Arlain has acknowledged that he “turned professional too young” but after teaming up with leading promoter/manager Steve Goodwin, he is back.
He defeated Paul O’Brien in June and now looks to step up as he makes his move towards titles.
You may also want to watch:
Arlain is part of a 20 fight value for money card featuring former European heavyweight champion Richard Towers, who has Adam Booth, David Haye’s former trainer, in his corner.
The local lad is keen to get Bethnal Green behind him for the bout in September as he moves towards titles
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
“Bethnal Green has had some great boxers in the past and I want to emulate them,” said Arlain.
“I have great support and appreciate everyone getting behind me in my journey. I want all Hackney and Bethnal Green boxing fans to come and support me.”
VIP and ringside tickets are sold out, but Arlain has some standard tickets left. For tickets contact him on 07528-663629 or from www.iboxingtickets.com/products/jamie-arlain-tickets